Loaves and Fishes

"Taking the five loaves and the two fish and looking up to heaven, he gave thanks and broke the loaves. Then he gave them to his disciples to set before the people. He also divided the two fish among them all. They all ate and were satisfied,and the disciples picked up twelve basketfuls of broken pieces of bread and fish. The number of the men who had eaten was five thousand." Matthew 6:41-44

Tonight, because of the impending doom that the snow storm was sure to bring Auburn on Friday, I decided to drive home a day early. Because of my early arrival home, I got to catch the tail end of the first meeting of our mission team to Africa this summer. I got to meet a few new faces and see some team members from last year.

Even just walking in to the last part of the meeting, I had flash backs of being in the position that the new members are in now. With Steve and SL telling stories and everyone else nodding in agreement, all you can do as a new member is sit and pray that things will come together.

I love that even just seeing and rekindling friendships with familiar faces can remind you of the wonderful times that you spent with people on a completely different continent.

I can't wait to pack my trunk again and get back to my favorite place in the world.
ashmaster

0 comments: