Loaves and Fishes

"Taking the five loaves and the two fish and looking up to heaven, he gave thanks and broke the loaves. Then he gave them to his disciples to set before the people. He also divided the two fish among them all. They all ate and were satisfied,and the disciples picked up twelve basketfuls of broken pieces of bread and fish. The number of the men who had eaten was five thousand." Matthew 6:41-44

I'm homesick. Not necessarily for my home in Mobile where my immediate family resides, but I've been missing my home many, many miles away.

I got to talk to Musa briefly the other day. Musa was part of one of the Jesus film teams we went with last year. He is in school now, but still has HUGE visions for ministry in Africa. He found that Christ in him, the hope of glory and he wants to share that hope with an entire continent, even if it's through song.

Also got to have a skype date with a guy with whom I treasure our friendship, Kendall. I am so glad that even though we are both really busy, especially with him trying to get into med school and deciding what he wants to do with his life in this season, that we have still found time to talk and continue what has blossomed into a beautiful friendship. We talked about Africa and are going to meet up over Thanksgiving break to have some face time.

The other day I was looking up at the stars in the parking lot at the church. I was walking to my car in the back of the parking lot by myself. I started crying on the walk. All I can think about when I look at the stars is how the southern cross constellation isn't there, and I can't even see it unless I'm in Africa.

These longings in my heart really confirm the things that God is showing me about my future. I have seriously been doing a lot of research into water, sanitation, and other poverty issues on an international scale. It absolutely breaks my heart to think that not everyone has the opportunity to even use a toilet or have access to any fresh water resource. Still praying through a lot of things, but God has seriously been placing these issues on my heart.

Thanking God for bringing home our team from Uganda on Thursday. Their experience was amazing and I can't wait to see how their lives will change because of it.

1 comments:

I think I'd like to meet this Kendall person.. haha, actually I'm growing to appreciate that name when I hear it.